The latest release of the QS BRICS University Rankings featured the top 300 universities from India, China, Russia, South Africa and Brazil. The Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay) claimed the ninth position while the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) took the 10th position.
IIT Roorkee was placed at 51 while IIT Delhi, IIT Kharagpur, and IIT Guwahati are some of the top Indian universities featured on the list as well. Among private institutions from India, BITS Pilani, Thapar University, Symbiosis International University and OP Jindal Global University have also made it to the list.
UGC Chairman, Dr Ved Singh Chauhan shared that the ranking is not only relevant for institutions, it also helps universities in India to reflect upon themselves and produce better quality work as can been seen in this year’s university ranking. In addition, it aids students to gain better understanding of the institutions too.
“With 300 universities being ranked this year, there’s also the opportunity for new institutions to break into the rankings” said QS top universities.
Here are the top 10 universities in BRICS nation
- Tsinghua University (China)
- Peking University (China)
- Fudan University (China)
- University of Science and Technology of China
- Lomonosov Moscow State University (Russia)
- Zhejiang University (China)
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (China)
- Nanjing University (China)
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (India)
- Indian Institute of Science (India)
Source: Indian Express