The QS Intelligence Unit, through a system of rigorous and independent data collection and analysis of performance metrics as set out in the QS Stars methodology, has rated Ajman University as a “Three Stars” institution. Notably, AU was awarded “Five Stars” within the core criteria of Social Responsibility, Inclusiveness, and Learning Environment; and, “Four Stars” for both Teaching and Internationalization.
The QS Stars rating system evaluates universities across a wide range of important performance indicators as set against pre-established international standards. The evaluation of AU, received on March 27, 2019, commended the institution for “noteworthy improvement” and for performing “exceedingly well” in the categories of Social Responsibility, Inclusiveness, and Learning Environment.
Following are some of the highlights from the QS Stars report on AU:
- The University’s commitment to internationalization is evident with full points in international faculty, international students, religious facilities and international diversity.
- Ajman University displays its commitment with full points in community investment and development, regional human capital development and environmental impact.
- The University has excellent sporting facilities, IT infrastructure, medical facilities, and student societies.
- Students at Ajman University have reported high satisfaction, both with teaching and their overall experience, leading to maximum points being achieved in each indicator.
- Ajman University has achieved full points for scholarships and bursaries, disabled access and low-income outreach.
“AU is now officially recognized as an institution of distinction on the global map of higher education,” explains Chancellor Karim Seghir. “I applaud every single member of our remarkable community for being the shining stars who made this, and our other recent accolades, happen.”