Nurfarahin Zahri, a 5th Year Actuarial Science student from the Faculty of Computer & Mathematical Sciences,(FSKM) Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM), Malaysia, was one of five successful candidates from Malaysia, who won a video editing competition and was selected by the Chiba Prefectural Government & Alumni of Look East Policy Society (ALEPS) to participate in the Chiba Pan ‘n Shoot Excursion.
This programme which is sponsored and aimed to recruit Malaysians aged between 19 and 25 years to participate in this Muslim-friendly trip to Japan, was held from 22nd to 24th November 2019. The objective of Chiba Pan ‘n Shoot Excursion is to understand Muslim friendly tour in Malaysia and seek opinions from young Malaysian Muslim travellers. Participants of this trip took on the role as “monitor” or “observer” to experience Chiba prefecture during the 5 days 4 nights excursion. Upon return, they were required to present videos which captured the tourist attractions in the form of 10s videos x 30 clips.
The primary task of Nurfarahin Zahri throughout the programme was as follows:
- To shoot and edit a total of 10 video files of 30 seconds each and high-resolution photos (minimum 1 MB) throughout the trip. Video caption shall be in English. The audio is optional.
- All the edited videos and edited high-resolution photos had to be submitted to Chiba Prefectural Government within fourteen (14) days after returning from the trip.
- The acceptable video format is MP4 and acceptable photo format is JPEG
- To promote Chiba attractions across their social media platforms before, during and after the trip.
- To provide written feedback of no less than 100 words within one week after the end of the trip.
- To participate in the Japan Travel Fair (Chiba travel booth) which was held from 22 to 24 November 2019
This programme offered very good beneficial working experience for Nurfarahin. Throughout the programme, Nurfarahin gained great real-life experience in Japan through the commission of work from the client, got an opportunity to showcase her videography skills into real practice, practiced public speaking and communication skills through the Japan Travel Fair participation as well as enriched her student portfolio.
“Reconnect Your World with Creativity and Videography”
Prepared by: Dr. Siti Meriam Zahari, UiTM
Edited by: Asssoc. Prof. Dr. Geetha Subramaniam, Fellow, InQKA, UiTM